Friday, March 15, 2013

The Chance by Karen Kingsbury

Karen Kingsbury never fails to write a good story!  I don't think I have ever been disappointed by one of her books and highly doubt that I ever will be.  I was hooked on this book from the first page and couldn't put it down.  Any time I could sneak in a chapter to read, I did.
 
I love how Kingsbury can take such tragedies and show the good in them and how God could possibly bring beauty from what seems like ashes.  Who would think that an old oak tree would be the center of such a great story.
 
I loved both Ellie and Nolan and my heart broke for both of them as they both experienced their own tragedies in life.  They both made two different choices out of the tragedy, but God still brought something good out of each person.  I think it shows how even our messes can still be redeemed by the love of God.  It also reminds of us how much judgment hurts and how it can cut to the core and devastate people.
 
I am very much looking forward to her next novel which is supposed to be out in October.  I'm glad that I never have to wait too long to read one of her books!
_____________
I received this book free from Howard Books in exchange for my honest opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment