
The cover of this book is very intriguing. I have to say that was what first drew me to read this book. At first I thought it would be a scary suspense book, but I was glad to realize that it was indeed suspenseful but not scary. Once I got into the first couple of chapters, I understood the cover and it helped to add some imagery to the story.
The story itself is unlike one I've read before. I was gripped during the first chapter and couldn't put this book down. I really like Amish/Mennonite stories, so the fact that it was based on a Mennonite community also made me want to read this book.
I found it very interesting to consider the concept of self-protection among the Mennonite community. That is one issue that I've often wondered about. I liked the conflicting thoughts between different members where some thought it was okay to protect their families and others in the community though that they should only rely on God.
I was glad that Hope followed her heart. I originally liked Jonathan the most because he had rescued her from a certain death situation. However, I think that Ebbie won major points with me with his selflessness and how he wanted Hope to follow her heart and explore her heart.
This book is the second book in the Road to Kingdom series. I haven't read the first book, but I'm now searching for it!
_________________
You can buy this book at http://ow.ly/huFtI
Meet Nancy:
Nancy Mehl lives in Wichita, Kansas, with her husband Norman and her very active puggle, Watson. She's authored fourteen books and is currently at work on a new series for Bethany House Publishing. All of Nancy's novels have an added touch - something for your spirit as well as your soul. "I welcome the opportunity to share my faith through my writing," Nancy says. "God is number one in my life. I wouldn't be writing at all if I didn't believe that this is what He's called me to do. I hope everyone who reads my books will walk away with the most important message I can give them: God is good, and He loves you more than you can imagine. He has a good plan for your life, and there is nothing you can't overcome with His help." Readers can learn more about Nancy through her Web site: www.nancymehl.com. She is also active on Facebook.
To read more reviews on this book, go to http://litfusegroup.com/author/nmehl
_________________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment