Monday, March 25, 2013

Swept Away by Mary Connealy

Swept Away, Trouble in Texas Series #1

I like this western-themed book so much.  It's a great start to Mary Connealy's new series, Trouble in Texas.  Connealy's characters stay true to her typical style of writing that I very much enjoy.  Rosie (I mean, Ruthy) and Luciano (ah....Luke) are two very different people but they also share some of the same qualities.  

I love the spunk of Ruthy and the stubbornness of Luke.  I like how Ruthy holds her own with Luke and is actually pretty good at tracking in the woods.  I like how Luke rescues Ruthy but then doesn't know what to do with her!  I find it funny that Ruthy could clean the rooms so well with no one hearing her.  She had a pretty good plan in place so her footsteps and sounds would go undetected.

Greer was a disgusting man and one that I truly did not like.  He was mean, dirty, and scary.  I disliked his temper and how he hurt his poor wife and threatened her children.  I'm hoping Dare plays a bigger part in Glynna's life in the next book.  She needs something happy to happen to her!

I am really looking forward to the next book in this series.  I will definitely be looking for it.  It looks like I won't have to wait too long, since it's scheduled to come out in August!
_______________
For more reviews on this book, go to http://litfusegroup.com/author/mconnealy 
______________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers and from Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment