
What immediately caught my attention about this book is the cover. After observing so many covers, I've come to really like the ones that have something that sets it apart from others. In this case, it's the beautiful contrasting colors and the slants on the title. It's very appealing.
I really like Tracie Peterson. I think I've read most of her books, so I'd say that she is one of my favorites! She does a good job in capturing my attention right away. I had a hard time putting this book in her new series, Lone Star Brides, down.
This book has it all, from romance to suspense. The romance was along the lines that I felt would happen. It doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy it, though! Marty has answered the call to be a bride for a man she's never met. It really doesn't matter to her, though. She just wants to escape her past. Jacob will be an honorable man towards Marty and take good care of her. However, the one thing he's not looking for is love. Of course, love is what they both discover. That part is the expected. The unexpected is what drives them together.
The end of the story doesn't resolve with an answer to the mystery surrounding the bank and the crime being committed. I'm wondering if the mystery will continue to evolve throughout the series or if it will conclude in the next book.
Read more opinions on this book by going to http://litfusegroup.com/author/tpeterson.
_____________
About the Book
A Lone Star Brides book.
Marty Dandridge Olson is ready to leave behind the pain of the past.
Answering an advertisement for a “Lone Star bride,” she leaves her Texas ranch and heads to Denver to marry a man she doesn’t know.
Jake Wythe is the man waiting for her.
Burned by love, he marries now simply to satisfy the board of Morgan Bank, which believes a man of his standing in society should be wed. Together Jake and Marty agree they are done with romance and love and will make this nothing more than a marriage of convenience.
When missing money and a collapsing economy threaten his job, Jake’s yearning to return to ranching grows ever stronger, much to Marty’s dismay. But a fondness has grown between them, as well, further complicating matters.
What will happen when their relationship shifts in unexpected ways… and dreams and secrets collide?
Purchase a copy and learn more at Tracie’s website.
Marty Dandridge Olson is ready to leave behind the pain of the past.
Answering an advertisement for a “Lone Star bride,” she leaves her Texas ranch and heads to Denver to marry a man she doesn’t know.
Jake Wythe is the man waiting for her.
Burned by love, he marries now simply to satisfy the board of Morgan Bank, which believes a man of his standing in society should be wed. Together Jake and Marty agree they are done with romance and love and will make this nothing more than a marriage of convenience.
When missing money and a collapsing economy threaten his job, Jake’s yearning to return to ranching grows ever stronger, much to Marty’s dismay. But a fondness has grown between them, as well, further complicating matters.
What will happen when their relationship shifts in unexpected ways… and dreams and secrets collide?
Purchase a copy and learn more at Tracie’s website.
Tracie Peterson
Tracie Peterson is the award-winning author of over eighty novels, both historical and contemporary. Her avid research resonates in her stories, as seen in her bestselling Heirs of Montana, and Alaskan Quest series. Tracie and her family make their home in Montana. Visit Tracie's Web site at www.traciepeterson.com
_____________
I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group and Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment