
I have been very impressed with this entire series by Liz Tolsma. The covers of these books have matched the story inside. The dark colors match the dark time in history that these deal with. The time was 1945 and is based off of real accounts of two women who shared their story of how they managed to survive WWII and the showdown of Prussia and Germany.
I really enjoy all of the history that is filled in this book. It's hard to read only because this was a hard time in history that no one ever wants to re-live. As expected from this time time in history, there is a lot of action.
The whole time I was reading, I kept thinking of how courageous Gisela is. I couldn't help but wonder what I would have down with 2 small children. At times, I wanted to cry when I stopped and remembered the truth behind these stories. Then I couldn't stop thinking about how many had left America for Germany in hopes that Hitler was turning thing around, when in truth, it was headed for disaster.
______________
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment