
I've learned that when it comes to parenting books and good Christian gospel-oriented nonfiction books, I can trust Crossway books. I have yet to be disappointed by any parenting book I've read from them yet!
I really liked this book. It is gospel-oriented and really hits a part of parenting that I know I am weak at most times. Grace. It's a word that many church people and religious people throw around, but may or may not really know what it means. I always want to, and pray to show more grace, but in the moment I fail more often than I like. I was thankful for the encouragement that filled the pages. Not only that, but I loved that I was constantly being pointed to the Gospel.
I did struggle a little bit with a few opinions in the book. I do have my children seek forgiveness, whether it's truly heartfelt or not. However, we do discuss it and my prayer is for a repentant heart. I understand their reasoning, but I'm not so certain that I believe the same thing.
There were a few other of their opinions that I didn't really agree with, but overall I liked the book. I find that grace is one of those things that can be a bit difficult to balance. Discipline is still needed, obedience is still expected, but grace must be given. Their take on obeying the first time struck me, too. I disagreed a bit on that, as well.
Amongst my disagreeing of certain things, I found this book to be encouraging and thought-provoking.
__________
I received this hook free from Crossway in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment