Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Stillness of Chimes by Meg Moseley

A Stillness of Chimes   -     By: Meg Moseley
I am new to Meg Moseley but I was intrigued by the book because of the cover. I'm not certain why I was drawn to it so much, but it kept standing out to me, so I went with it.  Most books are predictable in the sense that you kind of have an idea as to how they are going to end.  Every time I thought I knew, it turned out that I was wrong.  I liked the unexpected ending and the revelations in between.

I appreciated that Meg took a hard issues of trauma from the war and incorporated it into her book.  I haven't read very many fiction books that do that, but I appreciate it.  It's a real problem that gets overlooked a lot.  I felt bad for Laura's family and their search.  I kept trying to imagine how I would feel with so many unexplained answers.  I'm not certain I could just give up if I had any hope that my Dad was okay. 

This isn't a fast paced book.  It is a book that if you are patient, you will get to the end and look back and say that it's a very well-written story. They mystery surrounding Laura's dad is what makes you keep turning the pages.... and of course there's romance.
 
________________
I received this book free from Waterbrook Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment