Melody Carlson has become one of the authors that I am always anxious to read. She never seems to disappoint me with such unique story line. She can vary her style of writing, yet still draw you into her books.
I liked how this book told the story of Katrina and gave her such a sweet spirit. She didn't leave her rumspringa to partake in silly explorations. Instead, she used it to try to win money to help provide her father money for a much-needed surgery.
Many Amish books deal with the Amish leaving then coming back or something along those lines. I liked how she left for a good reason, but she never explored with things that would compromise her faith. I also liked how her aunt went with her. I think it showed how much an accountability partner can help you.
Katrina's aunt was downright mean and I didn't much care for her. I know people act like that to their families and I can never understand how someone could do that. I wanted her uncle to stand up for his family!
I would say that I can't wait to read her next book, but I already have and it's just as good. That review is coming in the next day or so and you'll see for yourself that Melody Carlson is an author that has such a talent in writing a wide variety of stories.
____________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment