Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pennsylvania Patchwork

Pennsylvania Patchwork  -     
        By: Kate Lloyd
The cover of this book is probably one of the prettiest ones I've seen in a while.  I love how the picture is on the front, but it wraps around to the back with the pictures of the Amish farm and the sky.  When I got this book in the mail, I had a hard time restraining myself from reading it right away because it was so appealing to me.

Kate Lloyd has become a writer that I anticipate reading her books.  This book is the second book in the Legacy of Lancaster Trilogy.  I like how it switches back and forth between Holly and Holly's mother, Esther.  It also goes into third person during some points.  I liked that in this book.  It was something that I hadn't read much of lately, so it was a nice change.  It set the book apart from many others with that simple change.

Holly loves Zach, but I'll be honest....I didn't at first.  Once I understood more about him, I grew to like him.  I was kind of glad that I didn't like him immediately because it kept me open to new possibilities for Holly.  I did like how the book ended and couldn't imagine it being any other way.

Beth and Esther had a little feud going for awhile, in which I took Esther's side, too.  I'm not for sure why, but Kate Lloyd did a great job helping the reader for an opinion of certain characters right away.  I think that's what she wanted, but if it wasn't, she still did a good job at it.

I liked the first book in this series and can't wait to read book 3!  I hope it comes out soon!  Go to http://litfusegroup.com/author/klloyd to read more reviews about this book. 
_________
I received this book free from David C. Cook Publishers and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of the book.Kat

0 comments:

Post a Comment