Friday, June 21, 2013

Lock, Stock, and over a Barrel by Melody Carlson

Lock, Stock, and Over a Barrel, Dear Daphne Series #1   -     
        By: Melody Carlson
As I mentioned in a previous post this week, I really like Melody Carlson.  I was really excited to know that she had released two books, both in different styles close together.  It was fun to read 2 different types of books, both by the same author.
 
This book was a great beach read for me, since I was on the beach.  Part of her new series, Dear Daphne novels, we follow Daphne as she goes through trying to figure out what to really do in her life.  She had a dream to be a writer and earns a job writing.  But is that what she really wants to do?  Is the big city life for her?  Or would she be better suited to follow her now-deceased aunt's ideas for her life?  Over the chapters in the book, you follow Daphne as she decides which direction she would rather follow.
 
I personally liked Daphne's aunt's plan for her.  I found the men she attracted to be pretty funny and quite entertaining.  I'm looking forward to reading more in this series. 
 
I also found the cover of the book to be very eye-pleasing.  It was designed to perfectly state what the inside of the book is about.  I like books that do that because I don't usually read the back of the book to read the summary.   I like to guess by using the cover!
_______________
I received this book free from CFBA and B & H Publishing Group in exchange for my honest opinion of the book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment