Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Slow Moon Rising by Eva Marie Everson

Slow Moon Rising, Cedar Key Series #3   -     
        By: Eva Marie Everson

It took me a few pages to really get into this book, but once I did I couldn't put it down.  This was excellent storytelling.  I really liked all of the different stories from their different perspectives. It flowed so nicely with no story being retold, but being picked up at different times throughout the years. 


I know life happens and death is big part of life, but I was still sad at the ending. I had grown to really like this family over all these chapters and I so wanted it to be a happy ending.  However, I think

that's what makes this book so easy to relate. There were many issues brought up in this book that each reader can find something to relate to. I liked how death was dealt with and so gracefully with hope.

Heather got on my nerves for the first half of the book, but once she took some steps to change her life around, I liked her. I immediately liked Ross and Anise and Ami. My heart broke for Kimberly and Jayme-Leigh at different times. I struggled some to really like Jayme-Leigh because she had her own secrets and wanted to rely on herself. She got better throughout the book, but I had a more difficult time relating to her and her independence.

I've read most of Eva Marie Everson's books and I have enjoyed every last one. She has such a gift
at writing. The Cedar Key series shows you how much she understands relationships and families.
She even had me looking up Cedar Key on the Internet because she made it sound like such a beautiful place that I wanted to hop in the car and go there. It sounded so relaxing!

I am looking forward to reading more by Everson.
____________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment