Thursday, June 20, 2013

Adoring Addie by Leslie Gould

Adoring Addie
Leslie Gould is a newer author to me.  However, after reading Courting Cate, I knew I'd like this book.  This book is the second book in the Courtships of Lancaster County series.  As a side note, I love the cover on this book.  It's so eye catching and just so pretty to look at.  I know I shouldn't, but more often than not, I do judge a book by its cover.  I'm sorry to admit that!

I liked how the author incorporated so many issues into this book.  So many of the Amish fiction books tend to give them very little problems.  I like the ones that remind me that they are real people with real issues just like we have.  I liked seeing that they got angry!  I know they also work through it and resolve it, but it's nice to be reminded of their very real emotions.

Seeing how the submission looks compared to how we view submission is always a little of a shock to me.  I consider myself very submissive to my husband and my parents, but the level they are able to forgive and submit always amazes me.  I like the plotting that went on behind the scenes, too, as they were trying to figure out how to make forgiveness within the families happen.

I can't wait to read book #3, which I'm hoping comes out sooner rather than later!
_____________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.


0 comments:

Post a Comment