Since it opens on the beach, I was hooked, especially since we're planning our beach vacation. I could see me reading this book on the beach easily! I'm guessing that's why the chairs are on the cover. I like the simple lines of the cover, but it doesn't tell me a whole lot about what the book is about.
The book itself has very believable story line. At times I would get frustrated with Elizabeth for her many personality swings when she was thinking about God, but then I started to put myself in her shoes. Once I did that, I could easily understand why she would struggle with God when she had to raise her brothers and her parents were less than stellar. No wonder she kept waiting for Nathan to leave. I liked Nathan from the beginning and was glad that when Elizabeth told him that he could leave, he said "no." He was a strong character and they both spoke their minds. So many people are like Elizabeth in our lives, so I thought it was easy to picture her.
I am definitely looking forward to more books by Pompili. She has a wonderful talent at writing books. Her grandmothers were right...she needed to write a book! I know each book will only get better and better. Keep writing!
_____________
I received this book free from Ambassador International in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment