Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Unfinished by Richard Stearns

Richard Stearns has a special place on my bookshelf, since he was the first author I reviewed for the booksneeze program when I first signed up a few years ago.  His first book was eye-opening and I knew this one would be that way too.  

I support World Vision and Compassion and like all that they stand for.  I enjoy the relationships I have through the programs and highly endorse them.   With that said, Unfinished is a book that challenges Christians to follow what Jesus said and taught.  Like Richard Stearns says, believing is just the beginning.  

I like how Stearns shares personal stories and shares the problems that he sees daily.  With the problems seen though, he does see solutions.  He's only 1 man though, and it takes many people to help become part of the solution.  He challenges us to put feet to our words because our work has just begun.

I'm thankful for the books that are falling the biblical basis and are reminding Christians that we are to go and share Christ.  We've forgotten that in American churches and have become so comfortable with materialistic things that we've abandoned the true Gospel for comfort.  I'm glad to see this book falls the biblical teachings that Jesus taught and reminds us of our purpose.

I hope that Richard Stearns writes another book and continues to share his experiences with more readers.  It reminds us that we are to be part of something more that isn't about ourselves.  It gives us perspective and challenges us.  It also reminds us of why we are here on this earth...for a mission.
_____________
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.


0 comments:

Post a Comment