Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Heart's Rebellion by Ruth Axtell

A Heart's Rebellion    -     By: Ruth Axtell
After reading Moonlight Masquerade, I have been looking forward to what would be next for Ruth Axtell. That book was one that I still remember, despite it being some time since I've read it.  To me, that's the mark of a good book. It's one that you don't have to go back to remember who the main characters are and the plot!  I was really excited to see this book when it came out!  I was definitely excited to get an update on CĂ©line and Rees. I think it tied this book into the first one really well.

There was some difference with this book, in that it didn't have a whole lot of action like the first one. However, I'm kind of glad she wasn't afraid to write another story in a different way from the first.  This one focused more on how Jessamine was coming out in London and finding a husband.  Jessamine was frustrating and at times kind of annoying.  She seemed spoiled and it was hard for me to really care about her. I was able to stir up some compassion for her by the end of the book, but it didn't come easily.

Lancelot was a good match for Jessamine and  was definitely the type of person that Jessamine needed.  However, I'm not sure how he could stand her at times!

I'm excited to see why the next book Ruth Axtell will be sharing with her readers!
_______________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.


0 comments:

Post a Comment