This series is one of my top ones that I've read so far in 2014. It has topped my list in this genre of book. I can't help but want to watch Downtown Abbey again after reading these books. London Dawn starts off with a lot of action, and picks up exactly where the last one left off. Catharine and Albrecht are having to escape Germany and an unsuspected traitor is revealed. I was very shocked at who the person was that had betrayed their secret plans and hiding places. Edward has a heart change, of which I was very glad about. I also liked the news his wife had to share that brought about this heart change. The Danforth family is brought together because of the war and fighting for their homeland.
I'll warn you.... just as in real war, not everyone makes it out alive. I did cry because I didn't want anything bad to happen to any of them. My heart broke for Jane. I really liked the ones that had died and it was hard for me to say goodbye to them.
This is the third book, and final, in the series, the Danforth of Lancashire. I'm looking forward to what Murray Pura will write next. He does write such wonderful books, but I'm a bit partial to this genre of books. I selfishly hope that he writes more with the Danforth family and/or a least in this style.
_____________
I received this book free from Harvest House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment