
The cover of this book was absolutely beautiful with the contrast between the light and dark colors and the visual artwork. It clearly helped me picture Susannah and Henry, which I liked. The cover didn't stop with the front, but the colors carried onto the back. I like to comment on covers that catch my eye and this one did.
Susannah Baylor is a character many can identify with. She has made a mistake, learned from it, moved on, and is trying desperately not to repeat that mistake with another man. Her strength and determination were amazing. Not only did she have her own daughter to raise, she was also taking care of her nephew. On top of that, she has he own cotton field that she has to take care of and sell. She needs lots of wisdom to be able to do business and she can't do it alone.
I liked seeing the changes occurring in Henry. He finally found what he was made to do and I liked that Susannah finally (although reluctantly) was willing to give Henry a chance to prove what he could do.
The book is full of romance and even has some humor spots in it. I am very impressed that this is Carly McAdoo's first book. It transports readers back to the prairie life. She does a wonderful job setting up the scenes with just enough information. I am excited to see what comes next, which she has already started working on!
____________
I received this book free from Howard Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment