Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hopeful by Shelley Shepard Gray

Hopeful, Return to Sugarcreek Series #1   -     By: Shelley Shepard Gray
I missed parts of the Sugarcreek series so I bought them for my Kindle (great deal online) and can't wait to read them.  I was so intrigued by this book that I just had to know what all I have missed!

I struggled with Junior, to be completely honest. I wanted to not like him.  I disliked how he treated Miriam.  However, I just couldn't!  He had given up so much and truly was not a bad or rude person.  However, he should have listened to his friend!  It would have saved him some heartache, but then he probably would never have learned who he truly loved.

Mary Kate was definitely not skilled at teaching, but it wasn't like she had a lot of opportunities as places of employment.  She had to get away from Will.  I did fear for her some and wanted her to be with Junior for the only reason that I knew he'd protect her.  However, his protectiveness extends to not only his family, but his friends too.  He did have a good heart.

I can't wait to read more in this series.  This is the first book in her Return to Sugarcreek series.  I'm glad that there's not a long span between this book and book #2, Thankful.  Until then, I'm catching up on the original series!

See other reviews of this book at http://litfusegroup.com/author/sgray.
____________________
Return to Sugarcreek, Book One
In the Amish town of Sugarcreek, love comes in many forms. But will it come at all for Miriam?
Miriam Zehr has worked at the Sugarcreek Inn longer than she cares to admit. The restaurant is a favorite of town residents as well as the many tourists who come to taste the famous Amish fare. Though she always tries to have a smile for every customer, deep down Miriam knows something’s missing: a family of her own.
Miriam has never felt particularly beautiful, especially because she’s always been a bit heavier than other girls her age. When Junior, the man she’s pined for all her life, suddenly seeks her out, she’s thrilled to be noticed . . . until she realizes he’s only asking her to help get the attention of Mary Kathryn Hershberger, her pretty friend.
If Miriam helps Junior court Mary Kathryn, she’ll get to spend a lot of time with him, but she might lose him in the process. Are these few stolen moments worth a lifetime of sacrifice? Is Miriam right to even hope for the life she dreams of?
Purchase a copy and learn more at Shelley’s website .
____________________
I received this book free from from Avon Inspire and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment