Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Healer of Carthage by Lynne Gentry

Healer of Carthage, Carthage Chronicles Series #1   -     By: Lynne Gentry
From present to past, this story reveals history and hard times.  Lisbeth decides to join her father on one of his digs to look for her mother who had died on an archaeological digs years ago. Lisbeth is actually a doctor, who is going through a tough time at the moment. Her decision has cost someone their life.  While on this search, she's hoping she can get her mind back on the things she needs to know and do.

However, when she is searching in a cave, she finds herself being transported back in time.  She is back in Rome and about to be sold as a slave.  The early church is just forming, so Christians are being persecuted for their beliefs.  Despite that, Christianity is growing.

Carthage itself is suffering from a plague that Dr. Lisbeth might could just save them from.  She is more focused on getting out of this time, finding her mother, and once again returning to her father. Her father is, no doubt, worried now that he's lost her to this cave again. 

I like the history that filled this book.  The storyline was very creative.  I had hesitations about this book, but I am really glad I read it.  It was an interesting look into Rome, the early Church, and the people of that time.
________________
I received this book free from Howard Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment