Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Amish Garden by Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, Tricia Goyer, and Vannetta Chapman


Anytime I see these four names anywhere on an Amish book, I always get it.  I have yet to be disappointed by any of these four authors.  The way I see it, if you put all four together, you have a book that will be a hot sell!

This is a book of novellas, with each author taking one novella each.  As the title hints at, the main focuses are the gardens.  I like the new thoughts about the garden that I had while reading this book.  We've always had a garden an I'll admit I haven't always enjoyed the hard work it takes to grow one, but I think I'll be reminded of these stories this summer as I'm working away. 

In each of these stories, you see the characters grow and mature, in the same way that their gardens and plants are growing and maturing.  They are finding out what really matters in life and in one case, learning to do something she's not so good at.  Of course, there is romance within these pages.   I like how even the romance never felt rushed or hurried,  but was well-developed.  I think it's quite impressive to develop everything quickly and rather realistically within a few pages.  Each author accomplished that in their section of this book.
_____________
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.


0 comments:

Post a Comment