
Julie Klassen is my favorite Regency author. Her books have gotten better and better over the years. I enjoyed her first ones, but I couldn't put this one down! I felt like she had me gripped from the prologue.
I felt as though I were dancing through the pages of this book. I learned so much about dance masters in this book. I honestly didn't know that was how they learned dance. I enjoy ballroom dancing, so it was fun to watch Devonshire learn to once again enjoy dance.
This book had mysterious secrets that waited to be revealed at just the right time. Klassen did a great job at not revealing them too early or too late. The romance in the book blossomed with beautiful relationships between just the right people. I felt such a close relationship to all of the characters in the book and had such a strong desire to see hem all happy!
Julia's spunk made me laugh. There were a few times where I felt she was being a little disrespectful to her mother. However, I felt that she had to be a bit more demanding to get her mother to even answer some of her questions. After all, the truth is always best, Lady Amelia has been known to say.
I admired Alec and his protectiveness over his family. Even his friendship with Desmond when no one else wanted to be in the same room with him, made me proud of him.
I absolutely can not wait to see the next story Julie Klassen will write. It will be delightful, and as hard as it is to believe, I'm sure it will be even better than this book. I'm not certain how, though!
___________________________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishes in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment