
I absolutely love reading book from authors that deal with their passions or their personal history of either their lives or their families. Their love for their own story/heritage shine out of the pages and you can't help but be grasped by the story. This is the case with Judy Hedlund's new book, A Noble Groom. It is about her father's legacy as the German father who worked hard and is still yielding the crops he has sown. How beautiful of a dedication of a book is that?!
This book also was a bit more enjoyable for me because my brother and sister-in-law just moved to Germany in December for missions. I have soaked in anything about Germany. I guess it's my way of still feeling connected to my brother!
All of that said, this book is rich in the history of German immigrants coming to America. I enjoyed learning about the history of the 1880s and the conditions that these German immigrants had endured and then endured when they came to America. I loved Annalisa Werner from the beginning and as much as I know she wanted a husband, I knew Carl would be perfect! I like watching her come to fall in love with her husband. It was also very interesting as to all the things she had to do and think about with no husband. I forget sometimes the amount of manual labor involved back then and how much work women had to do if no man was there. Just thinking about it is exhausting!
I am looking forward to reading more by Jody Hedlund and hopefully I won't have to wait too long. She writes beautiful, capturing stories, rich with history and fiction.
___________
I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group and Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.
This book also was a bit more enjoyable for me because my brother and sister-in-law just moved to Germany in December for missions. I have soaked in anything about Germany. I guess it's my way of still feeling connected to my brother!
All of that said, this book is rich in the history of German immigrants coming to America. I enjoyed learning about the history of the 1880s and the conditions that these German immigrants had endured and then endured when they came to America. I loved Annalisa Werner from the beginning and as much as I know she wanted a husband, I knew Carl would be perfect! I like watching her come to fall in love with her husband. It was also very interesting as to all the things she had to do and think about with no husband. I forget sometimes the amount of manual labor involved back then and how much work women had to do if no man was there. Just thinking about it is exhausting!
I am looking forward to reading more by Jody Hedlund and hopefully I won't have to wait too long. She writes beautiful, capturing stories, rich with history and fiction.
___________
I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group and Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment