I like the sleek look of this book. The girl on the cover fits beautifully with the mountains behind. I think it's a wonderful depiction of what the story within is about.
I liked the setting of this book as the Smoky Mountains. Knowing that Sandra Robbins lives here and sees this every day makes this a book of experience. Having been there many times, it was easy to picture in my head. I could easily relate to Rani and her ideas of her future husband because I think we, as girls, tend to make that list as we are growing up.
I liked how Matthew dealt with his past, but wanted to protect Rani. He protected her at great cost, even giving her up.
Robbins writes both with history and suspense and adds her own flair to her book that was refreshing. I like reading authors that I've never been introduced to before because it's nice to experience new styles of writing. It changes things up and is quite refreshing.
This is the second book in the Smoky Mountain Dreams series. I am looking forward to reading book #3 and checking out book #1 in the series.
___________
I received this book free from Harvest House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment