
This is one of my new favorite Amish series. I remember seeing the first book in this series in the bookstore, but I never bought it. Needless to say, I'm not going out to purchase that book this weekend so I can own this series.
I really like the style in which Tricia Goyer writes. She adds enough tension in the book to create the problem and leaves some mystery as to what the real issues are that the characters are dealing with, but she doesn't create some huge needless drama. I was grateful for that. It was nice to read something that was a little bit predictable, but still had some surprises in it.
I also liked the promises in this book. Many Amish books tend to focus on the shunning and the forgiveness coming only AFTER the people return to the Amish community. I loved the grace and understanding shown in this book. It was beautiful. I felt like I was seeing relationships in light of how God truly wants us to see others, Amish or not. I liked all of the promises and lessons. They were sweet and not over the top at all. The scripture verses fit perfectly.
I can't wait to read book #3 in this series, Seven Brides for Seven Bachelors. It's hard to say goodbye to Lydia and Gideon, though. I became quite fond of them and Gideon's special way with Blue. I felt bad for him feeling looked over as a child, but liked the lesson of letting go of the past with my children and focusing on the future. Who knew I'd gain parenting insights in a fiction book!
To read more opinions on this book, go to http://litfusegroup.com/author/tgoyer.
__________
I received this book free from Zondervan Publishers and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for
my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment