Wow! I was hooked on this book from the beginning. I loved how Roseanna M. White explored the first spy ring in America and was able to add historical accounts into this fictional book. You could easily see that White had spent a lot of time researching these accounts.
Set in 1779, I immediately like Winter Reeves but my heart pounded on all of her spy escapades! I found myself flipping pages just to make sure that she's safe and isn't caught. Bennet Lane is easy to like and likes the challenge of Winter. I liked seeing Winter through his eyes, as a girl who is full of mystery but just can't seem to tear himself away from her...despite being on the opposite side of the fence as her. With Winter helping the spy ring and Bennet looking to expose the spy, it makes for an intriguing, fast-paced story that will have you turning page after page and pulling long nights. Yes, I might have just described myself while reading this book!
This is the first book in her Culper Ring Series. This was a refreshing book in a time period that I haven't read about in a while. I'm definitely looking forward to the next installment in this series.
____________
I received this book free from Harvest House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment