Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Place to Belong by Lauraine Snelling

A Place to Belong, Wild West Wind Series #3   -     
        By: Lauraine Snelling
This is the first book I have read by Lauraine Snelling and I was very impressed with her knowledge of the Wild West.  It was obvious she had done her research, right down to the terms that were used for "mother" and "father."  I don't read a lot of western books, even though I like them when I come across them, so that may be common knowledge to many readers.  To me, it was new.

Having not read any of the books in this series, it was a bit difficult for me to keep up with the characters and what their job was and the relationship to Cassie.  I think I finally got it all straightened out towards the end, but for some reason I kept having to go back and figure it out.

I like the air of mystery and romance in this book.  I was a little surprised by which man won Cassie's heart.  I was totally sold on one man until his heart starts to stray from Cassie and back towards a former lover.  But the man whose heart turned towards Cassie was the one I didn't even foresee in the beginning.

I liked the whole setting of the ranch and the Wild West show.  That is new to me, too, so it was quite refreshing to read a book that was set in a completely different setting and time period.  I liked picturing sharpshooting Cassie in my head....the same girl that lacked a few of the homemaking skills that would help her be a fit wife.

I think I'm going to start this series from book 1 and put all the pieces together.  It seems like a fascinating series and one that I would really enjoy.  If you're a fan of westerns and romance, this books is one to add to your list.
________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment