
I am so glad that Revell publishes these type of outdoor adventure books. I still find myself thinking about Paul Stutzman's first book, Hiking Through. I felt like I was taking the journey with
him in that book. When I saw he had written one about biking, I knew I would love it.
Paul writes in a way that is informative, yet exciting. He captures each personal story and makes you feel like you're sitting there talking to these people. He takes you on the long, long journey with him and when I close his books, I feel as though I've seen what he's seen. I know I haven't, but I envision it so clearly that I feel like I have.
I'm so thankful that Revell gave his books a chance. I was shocked by the first book and how much I liked the outdoors book. I've thought a lot about it because I keep trying to figure out what is so refreshing about it. I review a lot of books and I have yet to see any other author writing about these journeys that are in the Christian genre. It's a nice break into a different type/style of book and one that will shock you in how much you like it.
Biking Across America is about his journey from Neah Bay, Washington to Key West, Florida. In my mind, I had a hard time grappling with that distance. It's a 5,000 mile ride. Wow. Paul is honest in his struggles and I like all of the detail he puts into his books. I liked reading about his encounter with Hell's Angels. Paul just seems like a down-to-earth man that can relate to anyone. I even like hearing about what he ate and the times he needed to stop for more protein to help fuel his rides. I'm not an adventure person but like to read about other people's adventures and I'm always amazed at how flexible they are and they are willing to sleep wherever they can find. They aren't even afraid of interacting with so many different unknown people.
I can't wait to see what challenge Paul Stutzman takes next. I'm sure it'll make a great 3rd book and I'm awaiting to hear of his next adventures. I saw he has a fiction book out called The Wanderers that apparently shares some of the lessons he's learned along his two long journeys in a fiction story. I'll have to add that book to my reading list now!
___________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment