Monday, May 6, 2013

Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger

This cover is beautiful!  I'm a big fan of hardcover books so I enjoyed reading this book.  I liked the issues that came up with this book and the angle in which William Kent Krueger explored throughout these pages.
I liked how forgiveness and revenge was brought up when we had been touched by the murder of someone we love.  Our natural desire is revenge, but by the grace of God we can truly forgive.  I liked Frank and the relationships the family had with each other and how strong their bond was.
The only thing that I didn't like about this book was that it included some adult language.  I don't like reading books with language in it because it's the one thing I feel like I don't have to censor.  With that said, the language wasn't disrespectful in nature, but I just don't see the need in expressing yourself in that way.  It's my own opinion and it only took away some of my view of the book.  It probably will not even be a factor to most.  With that issue aside, this book was very interesting and it definitely flowed and the story captured my attention. 
_____________
I received this book from the publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment