Monday, May 13, 2013

Catch a Falling Star by Beth K. Vogt

Catch a Falling Star   -     
        By: Beth Vogt
I am new to Beth K. Vogt and her books, but she is now added to my favorites list.  I love her humor that she puts into the book at just the right moments.  I also like the personality of her characters.  She doesn't tell all of the details in the beginning, but leaves some mystery about them so it can unfold at different times during the book.  

Griffin Walker puzzled me a bit.  He was a little stubborn, in my opinion, and a little harsh.  However, knowing about his parents and his illness and what happened because of both of those things helped me to see that perhaps he just might be having trouble dealing with all of this sudden change.  Ian didn't help matters much either, with all of his trying to fit in and taking everything Griffin said personally.  At first I didn't like Ian, but halfway through I saw him struggling and really wanting to be good, but just trying to figure out how to deal with his whole new life.

My favorite character was Kendell Haynes.  I liked her spunk and how the one person who she would end up with is the one person she can't stand at the moment.  She doesn't shy away from sharing her mind with him. I could relate to her because that was what happened when my husband and I met.  I guess I saw a little of myself in her!

Beth writes this book with great medical knowledge about asthma/allergies since her husband is a former Air Force family physician.  I think that is another reason I really liked this book.  We have been walking down the asthma/allergy road with both of my children for a year and I liked the attention she brought to something that sounds so small, but can be a huge deal if it went untreated.

This is the second novel of hers and I've already bought it so I can go back and read it.  I'm anxiously awaiting more of her books.  This is the perfect book to read on a beach or on vacation!
__________
I received this book free from Howard Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment