Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Couponing for the Rest of Us by Kasey Knight Trenum

Couponing for the Rest of Us: The Not-So-Extreme Guide to Saving More  -     
        By: Kasey Knight Trenum
Couponing can be quite overwhelming and definitely very time consuming.  With 2 small children and a full plate at home, I don't have much time to spend looking for coupons and shopping.  I also don't want to tote the kids to a variety of stores, despite how good the deals are.

I follow Time 2 Save and really like their website because they list it in a quick, easy to read way.  If I want the coupon, I click on it and print it.  If I don't, I've only spent 10 minutes or so looking at 1 site for the best deals.  I was excited to read this book because it's written by the woman who works the website and does all of the workshops.

I really liked the explanations for the different policies and ways to coupon.  I have always been confused on how people do the drugstore coupons and I found that chapter very helpful and she broke down all of the specifics to make it easy to understand.

I also like how she focused a lot of her book on stockpiling in order to be able to give it away to others who need it.  I think that's such a wonderful goal.  I don't like a lot of clutter, so stockpiling goes totally against my nature.  However, I love to give things away, so perhaps that's how I can increase my giving. 

If you know a beginner coupon girl, pass them this book.  They will be ever so grateful!
______________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment