
From start to finish, I was reminded of the show Downton Abbey. It wasn't because it was the same storyline, although there was the similarity of the whole division of the social class and marrying for wealth vs. marrying for love idea. However, I love Downton Abbey, so I thoroughly enjoyed this book and it reminded me once again how much I like reading and watching about this time period, but I would have hated to live through it.
I felt bad for Nora and really hoped that Christopher would find a way to provide for her. I just wanted to see her happy after all she had done over the years in helping Sir Anthony's family. I also wanted Kate to fall in love with the gardener and him somehow become wealthy or a way would
be provided for him to be accepted into her social class. I truly wanted them to marry for love and not to worry about the social rules.
The title of this book fit it perfectly. I can't think of a better title that clearly lays out the focus of
this book. Despite the Dearings being sent to England to marry for wealth, will they choose money over love?
I can't wait to read book 2 in this new series, The Great Exhibition.
____________
I received this book free from B & H Books and CFBA in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment