Thursday, May 9, 2013

Katie's Choice by Amy Lillard

Katie's Choice, Clover Ridge Series #2

I really liked the plot of this book.  I was instantly hooked on this book because of the first chapter.  I was intrigued by Zane Carson who was wounded in the Middle East during a journalism assignment. Wanting to get back into his assignments in danger zones, he accepts an assignment to live with the Amish for three months and write about them.

I liked Zane for some reason.  He was honest about how he didn't believe in God at first and then I liked watching his journey.  I also liked Katie Rose Fisher and how her natural beauty caught Zane's attention from the first day.  I'll admit that Zane had to convince me that he was ready for a relationship after the way he treated his "sort of" fiancé.  I thought he was quite self-centered at the beginning of the book but really matured a lot while with the Amish.

I am new to Amy Lillard but I really enjoyed her writing.  She was to the point, which made her book so captivating.  She offered details, but I think it seemed more "to the point" when it was from Zane's point of view.  I actually liked those contrasting way she wrote, whether she realized it or not.  She captured the way the man thinks....that's quite a feat!
____________
I received this book free from the Christian Fiction Blog Alliance and B & H Publishing Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment